Monday 31 March 2014

Eventually They All Fall

I wrote this when I was 16 and I have changed remarkably since. My moral sense has shifted back and forth between idealism and realism. Yet for some reason, these thoughts seem to be true again today. I am not a poet, I haven't written a good poem in ages but I like to believe that for a brief period of time, I was able to write a rhyme or two.This poem was my answer to the question "what do you do in your free time" for almost 2 years. I share it here because I haven't done so in over 4 years and I would like for the people i have met since to see how i used to answer that question:



Eventually They All Fall;

Books are made to be burned and reedited
Greed infiltrates every virtue that is listed
Faith shakes when by gain confronted
Will, alone, should not be trusted

When the masks grant full immunity,
Personal morale is no longer a necessity.
And those cheerful faces take forever place
As the fainted reality is covered with grace

You either wear a lovely mask of war,
Or fight determinism till all gets sore,
Till resistance faints or you easily let go
Of the attempts to eliminate this distasteful show

Standing alone among consciences’ corpses,
Your heart spills all to the oblivious masses
Confronted by contempt, your strength shakes
Keep in mind: collective thoughts could be mistakes

And when the end is near, everyone falls.
Apocalypse knocks on heaven’s doors.
What have you to say if judgment day comes?
“I stood where they said everyone falls”
                            
ALIen (early 2007)








2 comments:

  1. Aww Yeah!
    E.T.A.F. Never ceases to surprise me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, you my friend are very surprising yourself :p

      Delete